Instagram is an online Application that is used for videos and sharing photos. Instagram has become a highly popular networking tool and is currently following in the footsteps of Facebook and Twitter. Instagram was initially developed so that individuals could apply various filters to photographs they had taken on their mobile phones and might enable them to upload and share these photographs with friends (or accounts followers) utilizing the Instagram program. Instagram video clips are limited to between 3 to 15 minutes; although video premiered to Instagram it could be uploaded.
Why are businesses turning to Instagram?
- There are over 300 million Instagram users.
- Approximately 70 million photographs are uploaded daily.
- The account is ‘free’ to install so that there are barriers to entry.
- It is a medium which allows for sharing of hours a day.
- What kind of success have companies achieved using Instagram?
- Businesses like Levis, L’oreal and countless others are able to use the instrument to:
- To raise awareness of services and their products.
- To increase brand recognition.
- Pro bono and to showcase their community work to inspire and attract clients to participate with service their product or brand.
- Run competitions promotions and giveaways.
Small Business Advertising success with Instagram
IG Captions appears to Be especially popular with merchandise based businesses because of its nature. Businesses which are product based jewellery make up or even food have achieved success using Instagram. This is because shared and the application allows to be posted of individuals using or wearing these products. As an example, a food manufacturer might post entertaining friends, or photos of someone cooking with, sharing a meal. This success is not exclusive to large brands as many little companies have been able to leverage the power of Instagram to engage their customers. As an example, Melbourne established café The Kettle Black had over 45,800 followers in March 2016 they’ve achieved this through the use of attractive photographs of the food and pictures of cafe meals that Instagram users could be drawn to, in addition to using hashtags which foodies, food bloggers and other Instagram users are interested in or search for.
Social media, bloggers Media personalities and Celebrities have gathered a following online. This ‘influencer’ group means there are eyeballs there prepared to see service or your product. The audience is already built for you.